It is kind of gray and coolish today the kind of weather that makes you wish that spring would really arrive in New England, that the weather would be a little more consistently 60s and 70s. So to cheer myself up I put up a new theme. I’d had the old one for a few years (!) now and it was time for a change.
To go with the new theme, here are 10 Great Headlines which I have copied out of the 2013 Old Farmer’s Almanac. They were submitted to the Almanac by S.P. of Manchester, NH.
1. Hospitals Sued by 7 Foot Doctors
2. Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers
3. Panda Mating Fails: Veterinarian Takes Over
4. War Dims Hope for Peace
5. Astronaut Takes Blame for Gas in Spacecraft
6. Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant
7. Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash
8. New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group
9. Cold Wave Linked to Temperatures
10. Typhoon Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Dead.
I was once the headline editor of my high school newspaper so I have a lot of sympathy for those who wrote these. Which is your favorite? I’m torn between 7 and 10.