Some facts to think about and to know about background checks when you are talking with friends.
- Gun background checks in January were second highest ever, FBI data shows (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- Bill requiring fee for gun background check onto next committee (denverpost.com)
- FBI Performs 2 Million Background Checks Four Months in a Row (guns.com)
Infographic: Fixing Gun Background Checks
Download individual graphics:
- Guns Kill More Americans than War
- Background Check System Has Blocked Dangerous People from Getting Guns
- Gaps in the Gun Background Check System Put Us All at Risk
- Universal Background Checks Are Easy and Hassle-Free
Arkadi Gerney is a Senior Fellow at the Center for American Progress. Kendall Bills is a Special Assistant for the External Affairs team at the Center.
 “PBS NewsHour: Shields and Gerson on Cabinet Noms, Gun Laws, Boehner’s Leadership,” December 21, 2012, available at http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/politics/july-dec12/shieldsgerson_12-21.html.
 Compiled using: 1968–1980 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates from Figure 1, “Observed and predicted firearm- and motor-vehicle—related injury deaths, by year — United States, 1968–2005,” available athttp://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00023655.htm#00000191.gif (last accessed February 2013); Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “WISQARS Injury Mortality Reports, 1981-1998,” available at http://webappa.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/mortrate9.html (last accessed February 2013); Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “WISQARS…
View original post 395 more words